Take the road less travelled, right off the beaten track.
Discover the Greek Temples at Paestum & The ancient ruins of Pompeii.
A couple of hours to visit and explore Pompeii. You can hire a private guide, rent headsets, take yourselves around, the choice is yours. With most of Pompeii excavated, you can wander around this vast site as you could in ancient times. You can stop by the shops, call in the theater, visit the houses and even read the graffiti on the walls. That is only the beginning, there is much more to see in this marvelous excavation site.
Located beyond the Sorrentine Peninsula, surrounded by marvelous scenery with Apennine backdrop.
Acres of fruit trees & wineries, line the busy thoroughfare as you drive to the site, which is a few hundred meters away from the sandy beaches. There is also an excellent museum on site which you can visit along with the splendid Greek Temples.
See the Bufala wallowing in the mud plains as you drive around the perimeter of the site and to the beaches where the allied troops landed in the second world war. There is also a British war cemetery close by at Pontecagnano you can visit.
We will make several suggestions to you for places where you can enjoy light lunch. Go local and sample the world-famous buffalo mozzarella, or have a quick snack - the choice is yours.
Included in the price
- English speaking driver, tolls, parking fees, tax.
- Door to door service from your hotel or ship.
- Pick up and drop off in Salerno
- Suggested timings, shore excursion 08.00hrs -8/9 hours - Hotel/apt 08.30hrs - 8/9 hours
- If you are on a shore excursion, we will modify timings to suit you.
- Passenger Insurance
- Sanitizing vehicle
- Lunch, tips, entrance fees.
- Private guiding in the sites - we can organize a specialized guide for you on request.
- Entrance Fees (per person):
- Pompeii Euro 15
- Paestum Euro 12 - museum & temples